My diet mostly consists of cuisines from or inspired by Asian cultures. Potstickers and dumplings have their own group in my food pyramid. Sometimes, however, the tasty noodles and starches become the predominant flavor in a meal, and I’ve begun trying more ways to incorporate vegetables, past just stir-fry style. Here is my easiest side dish to my favorite Pad Thai or Orange Chicken entree: Kimchi Coleslaw.
- 1 bag of shredded coleslaw mix, which usually totals to 7-8 cups
- 4 tablespoons of unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons of Asian chili-garlic sauce or Sriracha
- Heads up: This much seasoning makes it really spicy (At least in my opinion, coming from a Caucasian girl who only recently started liking spiciness). If you split this measurement in half with Sweet Chili sauce, it still has a nice kick but the flavors are more balanced out. Play with this ratio to your desire.
- 1 cup of chopped green onion (optional)
- Literally just combine all the ingredients. It’s that easy.
- Cover and refrigerate!
Leave a Reply